Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my 3rd party apps open?

Hi

I've got a problem where my none of the 3rd party apps open on my iPad 1 (wifi + 3G) on iOS 5.1.1. They just open and shut down instantly. I've tried all of the suggested solutions (downloading a free app, updates etc, reauthorising both itunes and the ipad) but nothing works.

I've even restored the ipad several times both as new and from a backup. Also, when I try to sync the apps through itunes it gets halfway through one and cancels the sync. Because of this there are heaps of apps that just say "loading" but never do anything.

This is so frustrating its been happening for a few weeks now and still only the original apple apps work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Josh

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 12, 2012 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2012 12:30 AM

Have you tried a Restore as New

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137

2 replies

May 12, 2012 12:39 AM in response to AnaMusic

Yes I have several times. I seem to have fixed it somehow.

Firstly I restored on the iPad instead of through iTunes by going Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings. Then I set it up as a new iPad. I downloaded a previously purchased app but it still didn't work so then I downloaded a new free app. Then I did a hardware reset by holding in the home and power buttons. After that, I manually downloaded each app that I wanted to use as I needed it.

It seems that the issue resurfaces every time I sync with the computer so I will have to avoid doing this.

Thanks anyway,

Josh

Why won't my 3rd party apps open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.