Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying Files - Error 36 - NAS Drive

Hi,

I am trying to copy the iPhoto library to my newly installed NAS drive. I have 2 libraries (3.6gb and 16.8gb). The smallerone copied across no problem but when copying the second I get an error 36 after it has copied 30mb of data.

I have tried all avenues:

- Restarted iPhoto holding down alt and opt and repairing permissions.

- Rebuilt library using iPhoto Library Manager

But I still get the same message. I have backed up the whole Mac using Superduper to a small external drive and that works fine.

Any ideas please, part of the reason I bought the NAS drive was to back up photos, and now it doesn't work!!!

I will post this in the iPhoto forum as well in case it is more of a problem with iPhoto than the system.

Also, I do when checking Console I get the following message regularly:

12/05/2012 09:16:22.050 fseventsd: scan_old: bailing out because device mounted @ /Volumes/Buffalo_Cloud has dls 0x0 and dls->fci 0x0

but have no idea what it means.

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 12, 2012 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2012 2:26 PM

I think I have solved the problem.

The drive was mounted using Pogoplug software, which mounted it as a PPFS, however, by mounting it as SBM (altho I have no idea of the difference between these 2 methods of mounting, perhaps someone would be kind enough to provide a 30 sec idiots guide), it allowed me to copy the entire iPhoto library without any trouble.

It also solved the console error message which is apparently due to a bug in the Pogo software.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2012 2:26 PM in response to Russ New Boy

I think I have solved the problem.

The drive was mounted using Pogoplug software, which mounted it as a PPFS, however, by mounting it as SBM (altho I have no idea of the difference between these 2 methods of mounting, perhaps someone would be kind enough to provide a 30 sec idiots guide), it allowed me to copy the entire iPhoto library without any trouble.

It also solved the console error message which is apparently due to a bug in the Pogo software.

Copying Files - Error 36 - NAS Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.