Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not importing CDs

Hi

Not sure what my problem is. Trying to download CDs and getting 'green ticks' but no songs.

First track goes for 15 seconds, then others get green tick in 2/3 seconds.

No song is fully imported.

this has happened on a few CDs

I've been using it for a few years with no problems . . . drivers adn iTunes all up to date

Confused and looking for guidance.

Thanks

Andy

iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 12, 2012 4:07 AM

13 replies

Aug 10, 2012 8:58 AM in response to sgroper

No . . . sadly nothing and I've just had to stop using iTunes . . . was hoping for a little more help or direction from an Apple Genius type person.

But it's all been a little quiet . . . I'm no tech genius - but I'm not an idiot either . . . my problem is that all my music is installed there and I use iphones, an ipad and a couple of ipods for music all round the house - I don't even have a CD player anymore.

Please somebody at Apple or iTunes help us out

Thanks

Andy

Feb 15, 2013 12:43 PM in response to Andy Martin

After many years of using iTunes I just started having this exact problem today. The CDs I am importing are brand new so this had nothing to do with dics wear. It shows that the songs have been imported with the green check marks but the tunes are not in my iTunes library. Has anyone figured out what is going on and a possible solution?

Mar 9, 2013 6:51 AM in response to Andy Martin

I have the same problem now too with importing new or old CDs, after successfully doing it for years. My song titles appear in the library, and strangely, the first 1-2 minutes of the first tracks of each disc import, but that is all. Repeated logging out and back in has not helped. I've been going through these discussion pages, attempting all the various solutions (thanks to the users for the recommendations anyway), but am very burnt out on it all.

Mar 14, 2013 6:36 PM in response to kizarb

I have finally solved my problem importing CD's this last week. It was suggested that maybe my optical driver on my PC wasn't working properly so I bought an external DVD/CD driver for $29.95 and using that, I can import CD's to my ITunes library with no problem at all. I'll say it's a little slower but it is working fine. Probably if I had of spent more on the external driver, I may have gotten a faster one. Hope this helps someone out there.

iTunes not importing CDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.