Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch 3rd generation calendar sync problems.

I have just updated my IPod Touch 3G to Software version 5.1.1.

The calendar has been synced and all entries, including those in Outlook itself, not just the IPod, have been erased from 12 months ago.

The calendar sync is to Outlook. Fortunately this is a repeat performance and I have learned to keep a backup of calendar entries as a .pst file. Therefore all that was needed was to resync the system to the. pst file.

There is however, another observation. After a resync, all calendar entries from year 2000 (in my case) can be listed on the IPod. Past experience has shown that after a few days, involving another sync, all entries before 12 months ago will not list on the IPod.

The calendar entries are there, shown as dots against the date, but they will not list on the IPod.

Also the IPod search feature will only search entries for the past 12 months. This is to be expected, since the IPod processing features can only be limited, due to indexing etc. You can't expect the IPod to perform the same as a larger PC.

Does anyone have this problem?

I keep a backup pdf file of the calendar on the IPod and PC, but even then the search on the IPod pdf file is limited to letters only, not numbers - again probably due to indexing problems.

Posted on May 12, 2012 5:04 AM

There are no replies.

Ipod touch 3rd generation calendar sync problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.