Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you need a sim card for the iPad 3G and when I try to download something from the app store my screen has a black box appear is that normal and why is this happening?

My app store does not let me download things , when I sghn in a black box appers , also does a iPad 1 3G need a sim card to download apps ?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 12, 2012 8:43 AM

2 replies

May 12, 2012 8:49 AM in response to Koreylee08

You posted in the iPod Shuffle forum; it might be best to post in the iPad forum, as I was a bit confused at first. Anyway,

It doesn't need a SIM to download apps if you have Wi-Fi. Can you describe this box a little more, or better yet, screenshot it?

Taking a Screenshot:

Quickly press then release the home and power buttons at the same time.

Get the photo on your computer and upload it here.

If you don't want to do this, can you describe it a little more? When you say "black box," I'm guessing it's an outlined box that appears around any item that you tap on. Is this correct? If so, it sounds like VoiceOver was enabled. See:

Turning VoiceOver On or Off

(Note that I am a representative of the organization for the above link, which is not endorsed by Apple)

Do you need a sim card for the iPad 3G and when I try to download something from the app store my screen has a black box appear is that normal and why is this happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.