Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ABUSE! Mainstage 2.2.1 with 2011 mbpro 2.7 ghz i7, and <16 GBs> RAM NOT ENOUGH!

THIS IS AN ABUSE, I BOUGHT THE NEW MAINSTAGE FROM THE APPLE STORE AND MY /2011 MACBOOK PRO I7, 2.7 GHZ AND 16 GB OF RAM/ IS NOT ABLE TO PLAY PROPERLY WITHOUT JITTER, AND A CPU PEAKING LESS THAN 100% ALMOST ALL THE TIME.

TO BE MORE SPECIFIC, I HAVE AN EXCLUSIVE DISK PARTITION, CLEAN, EXCLUSIVE FOR MY PRO MUSIC APPLICATIONS. AND NO OTHER APPS ARE RUNNING BESIDES MAINSTAGE. IF I JUST OPEN TWO OR THREE PLUG INS THE CPU IS ALMOST COLLAPSING ALL THE TIME. IF THIS SYSTEM IS NOT ABLE TO HANDLE YOUR PROGRAM, THEN WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM?

IS MY 2011 MBP OLD ALREADY OR WHAT?

I SERIOUSLY EXPECT A NICE UPDATE SOON, HOW CAN I INFORM APPLE ABOUT THIS?

MainStage, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 12, 2012 2:26 PM

3 replies

May 13, 2012 8:19 AM in response to Mua25

Yep, try to narrow down the problem. Check what plugin produces jitter, If you're using an external audio interface make sure everything is properly setted under audio-midi setup. Make sure everything is running at 16bit44.1khz and you're using your mac clock, not external one.

I am using mainstage with a much older mbp with 4gb ram and a core 2 duo, so it's not mainstage or your mac, it's something pertaining configuration.

ABUSE! Mainstage 2.2.1 with 2011 mbpro 2.7 ghz i7, and <16 GBs> RAM NOT ENOUGH!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.