Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Panning/Zooming in iDVD Slideshow

I am trying to create a DVD and cannot for the life of me figure out how to pan and zoom in the slideshow of my photos. I'm using iDVD 7.1.2. I used to be able to create beautiful slide shows (on an older computer - and older version of iDVD). Does this version lack that capacity - or am I just becoming old and forgetful and can't remember how?

I actually took a look at my older laptop and can't remember how I used to do it on that computer either, so a refresher course would be most helpful. I haven't found any help in Apple's documentation or support videos. I think it was called the Ken Burns effect.

Thank you.

Linda

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), MacBook Pro 17", iPad

Posted on May 12, 2012 2:47 PM

5 replies

May 13, 2012 6:50 AM in response to Klaus1

Thank you for your suggestion, Klaus.

I'm importing photos from iPhoto, and I know that I can create a Ken Burns effect slideshow there. My preference, however, is to do it in iDVD as I've found the import from iPhoto is seldom perfect. Editing is easier when the slideshow is created in iDVD. I know that I'm probably missing something in the iDVD setup and will just need to get it figured out. I know the older versions of iDVD allowed it. My hope is that someone in this forum can save me some frustration and time!!

Thanks, again.

Linda

May 13, 2012 11:53 AM in response to Linda P

There is no Ken Burns transition or effect in iDVD. These are the only transitions available:

User uploaded file

Therefore you will need to create the KB slideshow in iMovie or a 3rd party slideshow application. PhotoPresenter is one such app with over 20 animated themes of which Ken Burns is one. You can preview some of them on this demo page: PhotoPresenter Animated Slideshow Themes

OT

May 14, 2012 3:29 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks, Klaus and Old Toad. OT, you did answer my question. I had already read everything I could find online and no KB effect was mentioned for iDVD, but I wanted to be sure there wasn't something I was overlooking or a "secret" way to do it.

I'm pretty sure that in my older versions of iDVD, I could zoom and pan in slideshows I created within iDVD. Now that I know that is no longer possible, I'll move on and not waste my time looking for something that isn't there.

Thanks so much for your responses.

Linda

Panning/Zooming in iDVD Slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.