Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Junk or not junk?

I regularly receive emails which are put into the Junk folder in Mail but they are not marked as being junk. There is no bar at the top of the email letting me mark it as not junk. I think this typically happens with email from certain sources. For instance, email from my bank is always put into the Junk folder and not being marked as junk. I had this problem in MobileMe and was hoping it would go away when I switched to iCloud, but it hasn't. Why is this happening, and what can I do about it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 12, 2012 4:25 PM

25 replies

May 13, 2012 1:09 PM in response to Jeffrey Jones2

I would say both. It's the same folder that is synchronised between iCloud.com and all my devices. I have turned on the option to store the Junk folder on the server. I think the filtering happens on the Mac. When the option to move junk mail to the Junk folder is turned on, the folder is named after the description I gave my iCloud account and it is under the special Junk section just below Trash. When the option to move junk mail to the Junk folder is turned off, the folder is called Junk and listed as a normal folder at the bottom of the iCloud folder list.

Junk or not junk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.