Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An app like Photoshop?

what is the closest thing to Photoshop? i tried over a dozon drawing apps on the iPad and none of them do anything close to what I want to do.

<Re-titled By Host>

Posted on May 12, 2012 3:15 PM

14 replies

Nov 18, 2016 1:33 AM in response to foofs12

Why have you responded to an over 4 year old post?

The Original Poster (OP) probably has found a solution by now.

Plus, as far as I can see and read, AutoDesk Fusion is some sort of CAD file READER (and looks proprietary with AutoDesk products) with some minimal mark up and alteration capabilities, similar to PDF reader apps that have minimal markup capabilities, too!

How is any of THAT functionality anything remotely like Photoshop?

As of now, the best Photoshop-like replacement for iOS is Pixelmator.

Nov 18, 2016 6:21 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Both OPs are looking for a PHOTOSHOP replacement, not a sketching app or strictly drawing app, per se.

Adobe has broken up full Photoshop into a series of smalller, iOS apps that do the many of the things full desktop PS does, but you need to bop around the various iOS Photoshop apps to accomplish many of of full PS functions and features.

A direct a nearly full featured equivalent image editor to full Photoshop on iOS IS Pixelmator which is nearly identical to its full Mac OS X computer equivalent with a few missing niggly features.

Besides, we are responding to a 4 year old posting.

The OPs may have already figured all of this out for their own, by this time.

Nov 22, 2016 12:20 PM in response to Spapshotdave

SInce this is the IPAD TECHNICAL FORUMS and not iPhones or iPod Touches, Pixelmator IS THE BEST as far as the most functionality of that of its OS X brethren.

As I,clearly, stated previously in this pos,t Adobe has broken down full Photoshop into a series of smaller Photoshop apps that do many of the specific functions that full Photoshop employs.

So, you end up hopping to Photoshop app to Photoshop to accomplish tasks that were easier to do in full Photoshop.

Hardly a smooth, efficient and conducive way to work to edit images.

PIxelmator reads and saves in .psd format and performs a good chunk of the many important photo editing tasks in ONLY ONE APP!

Another Photo editor that is going to be coming soon for iPad is a nearly full version, bawls out, complete image editing suite on the iPad in the form of Serif Labs, Affinity Photo.

The developers are promising nothing less than a complete iOS copy of the full OS X version on an iPad.

Affinity Photo is one VERY GOOD and very well done Photoshop replacement image editor on OS X,

This app is being almost directly ported into an iOS version that will be near indistiguishable from its desktop counterpart.

This will blow Pixelmator AND all of Adobe's "Mini Me" Photoshop apps "out of the water!"

An app like Photoshop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.