Skip navigation

Who makes portable MP3 CD Players?

477 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 7:56 AM by kananaskis RSS
kananaskis Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 12, 2012 9:08 PM

I'm from the last century and none of my portable or living room CD player will play a MP3 downloaded track I have burned from iTunes Version 10 6.1 7—64 bit.

I have read all the discussions about burning from iTunes but could not find within the program under Preferences-Advanced any 'burning' features. When I perform a burn operation from the CD from a selected song that I have downloaded to iTunes, no problems except that the CD will not play in my antiquated CD players. The CD plays on my computers [MacBook OSX Snow Leopard and iMac OSX Lion].

I need guidance to shop for a portable CD player that plays MP3 downloads—not high-ended because of budget constraints. I just need a good one with good volume to teach in Sunday School. That is, I need help in knowing what's out there? [That's how far behind I am in this 'higher-than-high' technological world.] I am using the Maxwell CD-R 700 MBto 48X discs to burn a downloaded MP3 single track from iTunes.

Looking forward to everyone's assistance.

Thanks!

• Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,395 points)
    May 12, 2012 10:00 PM (in response to kananaskis)

You could simply use your MacBook to play the file.

kananaskis wrote:

I'm from the last century and none of my portable or living room CD player will play a MP3 downloaded track I have burned from iTunes Version 10 6.1 7—64 bit.

Where did you donwload this track from?

If you purchased it from the iTunes store, it is AAC, not MP3.

Is there some reason you need it as an MP3?

You can easily convert iTunes purchases to MP3 or you can simply burn a regular audio CD that will work in any regular CD player.

See this -> iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

To burn an audio CD, add the song to a playlist, then File > Burn playlist to CD and make sure you select AudioCD.

Also note that older CD players may not even be capable of playing a CD-R or CD-RW (CDs that you burn yourself).

• Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,395 points)
    May 13, 2012 8:54 AM (in response to kananaskis)

Glad you got it sorted!

If you need any other assistance, don't hesitate to pop back in.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.