Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who makes portable MP3 CD Players?

I'm from the last century and none of my portable or living room CD player will play a MP3 downloaded track I have burned from iTunes Version 10 6.1 7—64 bit.

I have read all the discussions about burning from iTunes but could not find within the program under Preferences-Advanced any 'burning' features. When I perform a burn operation from the CD from a selected song that I have downloaded to iTunes, no problems except that the CD will not play in my antiquated CD players. The CD plays on my computers [MacBook OSX Snow Leopard and iMac OSX Lion].

I need guidance to shop for a portable CD player that plays MP3 downloads—not high-ended because of budget constraints. I just need a good one with good volume to teach in Sunday School. That is, I need help in knowing what's out there? [That's how far behind I am in this 'higher-than-high' technological world.] I am using the Maxwell CD-R 700 MBto 48X discs to burn a downloaded MP3 single track from iTunes.

Looking forward to everyone's assistance.

Thanks!🙂

Posted on May 12, 2012 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2012 10:00 PM

You could simply use your MacBook to play the file.

kananaskis wrote:

I'm from the last century and none of my portable or living room CD player will play a MP3 downloaded track I have burned from iTunes Version 10 6.1 7—64 bit.

Where did you donwload this track from?

If you purchased it from the iTunes store, it is AAC, not MP3.

Is there some reason you need it as an MP3?

You can easily convert iTunes purchases to MP3 or you can simply burn a regular audio CD that will work in any regular CD player.

See this -> iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

To burn an audio CD, add the song to a playlist, then File > Burn playlist to CD and make sure you select AudioCD.

Also note that older CD players may not even be capable of playing a CD-R or CD-RW (CDs that you burn yourself).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2012 10:00 PM in response to kananaskis

You could simply use your MacBook to play the file.

kananaskis wrote:

Where did you donwload this track from?

If you purchased it from the iTunes store, it is AAC, not MP3.

Is there some reason you need it as an MP3?

You can easily convert iTunes purchases to MP3 or you can simply burn a regular audio CD that will work in any regular CD player.

See this -> iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

To burn an audio CD, add the song to a playlist, then File > Burn playlist to CD and make sure you select AudioCD.

Also note that older CD players may not even be capable of playing a CD-R or CD-RW (CDs that you burn yourself).

May 13, 2012 5:09 AM in response to Chris CA

Greetings, Chris,

VOILA! Of all the discussions I read on this subject, your resolution instructions of 'To burn an audio CD, add the sone to the a plaulist ...' was the easiest and most logical instruction of them all. I have never burned a song to a CD before hence my lack of knowledge. Nor was I aware about a song being on a playlist. I only referred to the Library. Now I am aware of I can burn several songs onto one CD. Am I that outdated? Yes! I tend to purchase CDs and play them either on my computer or living room player. I have not downloaded a single track off the internet then put it on a playlist to burn to a CD. I have moved into the 21st century! With your help!

I am now more fully aware of how iTunes works. I thank you so much for providing all the information to assist me with the burning of one song I needed to use for my Sunday School class for teaching purposes.

Cheerio!😁

Who makes portable MP3 CD Players?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.