Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found a fix for this: Unable to open Itunes Store on windows XP

Hi,

I have been searching for this all weekend. For the last month we have been unable to connect to Itunes store. We can connect to the Internet and also access to itunes itself. I have phoned Apple as well as our service provider. No luck with the solutions offered. I have uninstalled and downloaded it again. I have done the winsock suggestion. I have disabled the firewall solution. I have gone into security settings and clicked enable the miscellaneous part. I have run as administrator. Basically everything from this forum and numerous others and also from advice from apple and my service provider. NOTHING WORKED for me on this computer. However on my Laptop which is vista the winsock fix did work. Still didn't solve my desktop until I found another solution and tried. Blow me down it worked. 2 days and hooray.....finally. I found this on a Geek website called "geeks to go" and I have cut and pasted it from there.

This is it.

Copy and paste the text in the code box below into Notepad.

@Echo on
pushd
\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib
-h -s -r hosts echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib
+r +h +s hosts popd ipconfig /release
ipconfig
/renew ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh
int ip reset all
shutdown
-r -t 1 del%0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.

Double-click flush.bat file to run it. Your computer will reboot.

Note: For Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click flush.bat and select "Run as Administrator".

Hope this one helps anyone out there that has tried most of the other fixes. No bugs or viruses from this...so far.

Steve

Windows XP

Posted on May 13, 2012 3:10 AM

There are no replies.

Found a fix for this: Unable to open Itunes Store on windows XP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.