Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to 10.6.8 and my imagecapture did not upgrade. Why? Do I have to buy a new verson? Where is new version? tia

I upgraded to 10.6.8 and my imagecapture did not upgrade. Why? Do I have to buy a new verson? Where is the new version located?

Thanks. I cannot access the imagecapture from my builtin camera now. I have a MacBook-5 years old. Thanks.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 13, 2012 6:57 AM

4 replies

May 14, 2012 2:45 AM in response to weind

The Image Capture application is for scanners & for cameras that store photos internally that you attach to your Mac with a USB or Firewire cable. It isn't for the built-in camera, which has no separate storage of its own.

Other apps support the built-in camera, for instance Photo Booth for capturing still images or iChat for capturing live video ((both in the applications folder).

May 18, 2012 7:14 PM in response to weind

I am having essentilly the same problem as weind and would like help. There were some rcent upgrades i installed on my 10.6.8 Mac, and since then I have not been able to use it. I click on "image capture" and get a sceeen that says "NO camera or scanner connected". I am not using it for a built in camera. I am simply trying to place something on my scanner and scan it, as it have done easily so many times before. Can you help me?

Thanks, RBK51

I upgraded to 10.6.8 and my imagecapture did not upgrade. Why? Do I have to buy a new verson? Where is new version? tia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.