Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging With USB Power Adapter

I just purchased the USB Power Adapter to charge my iPod Shuffle when I am not near my computer. I noticed that when I plug the iPod Shuffle into the USB Power Adapter, I get a green blinking light for approximately 5 seconds. Then, it disappears. I kept the iPod connected for 2 hours, but when I removed it and checked the charge, the battery status button still shows an oraange light. It didn't charge.

How do I get the iPod Shuffle to charge? I have already downloaded and upgraded to the latest firmware.

2 GHz 20 inch iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.5), 2 GB RAM

Posted on Mar 8, 2006 10:25 AM

8 replies

Mar 13, 2006 2:35 PM in response to Chris Tsuchimoto

Chris,
The only way I get my USB Power Adapter to work with my Shuffle is to turn OFF the Shuffle. If it's not OFF the Status Light blinks amber as though the Shuffle had been set up as a data storage device. With the Shuffle OFF, however, after about 30 seconds, both the Status Light and the Battery Light illuminate yellow and then green when the Shuffle is fully charged.
Roger

May 28, 2006 9:09 AM in response to Steve Langlois

Is anybody still monitoring this? I'm having the same problem. Apple store said buy the USB power adapter to charge Shuffle. When I plug the Shuffle in, the green light comes on for a few seconds, then no amber light to indicate charging. I left it plugged in overnight, and it was not charged. The adapter works with my other iPods and a USB cable. The Shuffle charges, and the amber charging indicator light works, when connected to a USB port on the computer. On one of the other threads, I saw discussion about updating the firmware. I have run Updater, and the Shuffle has current software. What gives?

Charging With USB Power Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.