Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad touch screen does not respond even after full restore and update

I have an iPad 2 64 GB

It has for a number of months intermittently stopped responding to any touch screen inputs. This issue began almost as soon as I opened the iPad for the first time. As it was happening very rarely and normally responded eventually, so I thought nothing of it.

This week the iPad will not respond to any touch input at all (Home, On/Off, Volume and Mute buttons still respond). I have tried the hard reset process a number of times and still nothing.

I backed up the device to my machine and applied the latest update 5.1.1 and still no response. I then did a factory reset and still nothing.

I have never dropped or damaged my iPad in any way.

Does anybody know of any ongoing issues with the touch screen or a solution to this problem?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 13, 2012 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2012 9:09 AM

If you have tried everyone of those things that you listed, I would not try anything further except to contact Apple now. The device has a one year warranty and if the touch screen has gone bad - as long as there was no accidental damage - they will replace the device

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2012 9:09 AM in response to nhorsthuis

If you have tried everyone of those things that you listed, I would not try anything further except to contact Apple now. The device has a one year warranty and if the touch screen has gone bad - as long as there was no accidental damage - they will replace the device

iPad touch screen does not respond even after full restore and update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.