Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo sync: Is there a limit?

I've been trying to sync photos from a folder on my Windows computer for about two hours now. I've updated both the iPad and the iTunes to their latest version. I have 339 photos in this album, and only about 50-100 of them sync. I can't get all 339. I've even tried splitting them up into multiple folders - nothing works. Is there something I should be doing for all of them to sync? Or is there another way I could go about trying to sync them?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 13, 2012 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2012 2:50 PM

See:

iPod: Compatible photo formats

iTunes: Unable to sync photos

There seem to be a 16 GB or so limit but from your description I do not think you arer close.

3 replies

Jan 26, 2013 4:04 PM in response to EighthUser902

Did you find a solution to this? I have a folder of about 3.6Gb containing 2754 photos and have never had issues in the past synching. When I tried to synch last night, I got a message that "27 items could not be synched. See iTunes for more information." I looked all over itunes but could not find any error message. There was one specific picture I was looking for to upload which has not shown up and no matter how many syncs I tried it never did. To try to resolve this, I picked a new folder with only 6 pictures in it and re-synced. As expected, it eliminated my library of 2700+ pictures in favour of the 6 I have now told it to sync. I cleared the 'ipod photo cache folder' and then re-set itunes to sync this folder. It synced the folder again, however this time synced 1600 pictures and now I have a message '1154 items could not be synced. See iTunes for more information.' Again, iTunes has no more information.

I have an iPhone 3GS but this is the first time I've had sync problems.

Photo sync: Is there a limit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.