Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead on arrival Iphone 4S number 4

I wonder if anyone else experience the problems that I am having with trying to get a 100% working and scratchless Iphone 4S, so here goes.

First Iphone 4S delivered in october (as soon as it was possible in the Netherlands). After 2 weeks I noticed there were some real issues with the phone.

- Bluetooth not working well

- Awfull Battery drain

- Dropping calls and strange noises during calls

- Loud ratling noise in the back, when you shake or tap it. (louder than the normal shutter ratling that all 4S have)

After months of discussion with my provider and using legal assistance, I (not accepting a refurbished model, while having payed for a new one) finally got a new Iphone 4S

Second Iphone 4S delivered +/- a month ago.

- Phone was working, nice battery usage, normal ratling sound, etc, but

- Phone had scratches on the back. Some I can live with but not the ones on the camere lens. (factory faillure?)

So another DOA and went for a new one.

Third Iphone 4S, also brand new, 3 weeks later.

- Phone was working also, again nice battery usage, normal ratling sound, but

- Phone had a 2cm scratch on the front panel (glass). (factory fail again?)

Since I take very good care of my Iphones and this was disturbing me....DOA.

Fourth Iphone 4S delivered 1,5 week ago.

- Phone was scratchless and I got good hopes, but

- Phone has a ratling noise even worse than the first Iphone 4S

- Battery drain is awfull. (1 hour usage and the phone went down 40%, while everything is turned off. Nothing running that I do not need etc.)

Because this was my 4th, I gave Apple a call and they told me that I should go to the Apple Store in Amsterdam. I also asked if she was sure since I bought my phone at a provider. No problem, so she made an appointment with the genius bar!

I went to Amsterdam on my free sunday, with public transport. They did a diagnose, wich does not show anything real regarding hardware issues etc. They did aknowledge the problemand the only thing they could do was swapping with a refurbished Iphone 4s. I explained all the above and they said I need to go to my provider. My idea was, ok, let's give it a chance.. They say a refurbished is good, so show me. I checked the phone and it was not without damage. So this was useless and a waste of time and money.

When I came home I did a full restore (as new Iphone) just to be sure, that would not be the problem. Battery drain is even more if you ask me, but hey I am aware of prejudices I might have now.

Where did the high standards go, that made us choose for Apple products? Anyone else having problems getting a 100% good Iphone 4S or any other Iphone?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:17 AM

2 replies

May 14, 2012 8:25 AM in response to Sarge01

I live in Netherland too, also got this problem being unlucky guy...

i got 2 iPhone 4s 32gb 1 white and 1 Black.

the black one has shining dot underneath the iphone screen.. that is realy irritating especialy under the sun.

No one can and want help me, so i sold it for cheap. (it was bought at T-Mobile)

with that money i bought the white one on 5 may at Telfort shop in Arnhem and again DOA, the iPhone got a dent on the back of the iphone. So i goes to Telfort on 9 may and they said they cant help me because Apple wont deliver 32gb anymore, but she will try to help me order one, well thats good i think and we made appointment on 11 may. 2 days later i goes to the shop she wasnt there, i ask other one where she is and he said she dont work today... i feel angry and wasted time. on monday i goes to Telfort again and guess what? she was there and she said she cant order one and cant help me. after wasting 5 days of time with iphone in box didnt even touched it after i saw the dent..

Now am stuck with this iphone again!! god i hate this.

Jul 16, 2012 1:05 AM in response to Yibsel

I returned my 4th Iphone 4s after a lot of discussion and also ended my contract with my provider.

I am not going to buy a new Iphone 4s anymore since Apple does not provide me with any service to make sure there are no problems anymore and does nothing to try to keep me a happy Apple custumor.

9 months of frustration for an Iphone that costs a lot of money is simply not doing it for me. For now I am back using my old slow Iphone 3GS while looking for another product that does work without any problems. Even if that means no Apple product anymore.

Dead on arrival Iphone 4S number 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.