Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

library.itl problem

After installing itunes on my new windows 7, 64 bit, it will not open. The message I get is that I do not have permission to open the itunes library.itl

Windows 7

Posted on May 14, 2012 5:35 AM

6 replies

Nov 9, 2012 11:00 AM in response to DarthVyper

Could be permissions problem. Right-click on your main iTunes folder and click Properties, then go to the Security tab and click Advanced. If necessary grant your account and system full control to this folder, subfolders and files, then tick the option to replace permissions on child objects which will repair permissions throughout the library. This is the XP dialog but Windows 7 shouldn't be too different.

User uploaded file

tt2

Nov 19, 2012 1:07 PM in response to DarthVyper

It's possible that AV or other background processes are locking the file as iTunes Library file as iTunes tries to use it. Could you post a screenshot of the error message? Are you certain you know which file iTunes is trying to open? If you've ever used shift-open-iTunes to choose or create an alternate library, or iTunes has prompted you to choose because of a problem, then it might not be the one in the standard location.

tt2

library.itl problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.