Skip navigation

If I buy an iPod nano in the US, can it be programmed to work in Turkish?

278 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 6:10 AM by planb77 RSS
magicgirl15 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 14, 2012 7:47 AM

I would like to purchase an iPod nano for my boyfriend in Istanbul, but I want to know that it can be programmed to work in his native language.  Has anyone tried this, in any language?  Can they program it at the Apple store??  Thanks.

iPod nano
  • planb77 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)

You can change the language via Settings. Here is a list of supported languages on the device:

• 29 UI languages: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Cantonese (Traditional Chinese), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
    • Song, album, and artist information can also be displayed in Bulgarian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese. For Arabic and Hebrew language support, some UI elements are not right to left.
    • Fitness spoken feedback is available in seven languages: Chinese (Mandarin), English (U.S.), French (France), German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish (Spain).
    • 29 VoiceOver languages: Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia, UK, and U.S.), Finnish, French (Canada, France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish

B-rock

• planb77 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)

No problem.  Glad to have helped!

B-rock

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.