Skip navigation

How do I disable phone number linking?

995 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 5:32 PM by Meg St._Clair RSS
jamida Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 14, 2012 8:54 AM

A website I visit for work uses phone numbers as user IDs. These IDs are clickable, bringing you to a user info page. When I access this website from my ipad and click on the phone numbers I'm being asked if I want to add this number to my contact list. As a result I am unable to access the user info page.

I understand that the ipad styles phone numbers in various applications (apparently Safari included) as links so you can easily add them to your contact list (or on the iPhone, give them a call), but it seems silly that this behavior would take priority over a link that was already styled as a hyperlink by the website designer.

I've done a quick google search and the only discussion I've found on this topic is aimed at website developers and not at changing iPad settings to deactivate this feature. There must be a way!

Thanks

Mike

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.