Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does it take to get approved to sell iBooks through iTunes Connect?

Hi,

I have applied to sell iBooks through iTunes Connect. After asking for my Legal Entity, Tax ID, etc, it said my application was sent and is being processed. That was about 3 weeks ago. I haven't heard anything since. I'm wondering if there's a status page or something to see if it's still processing. I tried to email ibookstore_applicationsupport@apple.com to ask what was taking so long and haven't had any response. I'm just hoping I get something worked out by the end of two more weeks. I have a show I'm going to and I really wanted to advertise this iBook.

Posted on May 14, 2012 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 5:48 AM

After six weeks still no reply on my application. Why can't Apple hire some more clerks?

My book is up on Kindle. Process took less than ten days. How about a real answer instead of

saying suck it up.

18 replies

Jun 22, 2012 12:07 AM in response to K T

Hello KT.

as far as I understood Caleb Kingston did not send/uploaded the ibook yet but is stuck in the step before, the application for a paid book account.

I ask because I did the same step yesterday (giving tax id, etc. only) and feel uncertain if I have to wait for instruction to proceed uploading the files.

I published a free book using itunes producer already, but the process seems different. we should upload a sample, we have to tell the price, etc...?

Thank in advance for advice,

Thomas

Jun 23, 2012 7:58 AM in response to Caleb Kingston

Hi Caleb,

it would be great if you tell us about your latest experience again.

It seems that I am in the same situation now:

I made a "paid account", entered the brandnew (I am not US-resident) EIN etc..

Now I don't cleraly understand how to proceed.

Just waiting for "validation" of the account and or further instructions?

it seems I made a mistake already by using the apple id of this account to upload my iBook with "Producer". The result was that it appeared in the iTunes Store for free.

I guess I could stop that, but ... what happens next?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Thomas

Jul 13, 2012 12:12 PM in response to thomas-bode

I finally received an email saying I'm activated! (after 4 months!). I guess it's just when they've gotten around to it 😕

Hello,

Thank you for contacting iBookstore Application. We sincerely apologize for the long delay in our response.

Your Paid Books account with the legal entity name ------ has been activated. An email was sent out to the email address provided on the iBookstore application, which was ---------. Note this is the contact email address for your Paid Books account.

Please log in to iTunes Connect (itunesconnect.apple.com) with the Apple ID/username ------------------- to begin selling books on the iBookstore.

Best Regards,

Sandy

iBookstore Publisher Support

Hey there,

I've tried to create an iTunes connect account through our business ------- with my ---------- apple ID and I haven't heard anything back. On April 4th, I received an email saying my Tax I.D. was invalid and that I should try to correct it. I corrected it that day and am still waiting. Can you please help me get this resolved or tell me what more I need to do to qualify to distribute iBooks on the market?

May 6, 2013 11:57 PM in response to Erik Martin

I was filling in the application to sell my book in iBooks and the application sort of just said "OK" but I haven't had a message to say my application is being considered. I'm not even sure I had a chance to add some details such as my bank account.

Now I don't know where I am but trying to get back in I get a message saying something to the effect that there's an application associated with my Apple ID. Should I just wait? I'm surprised I didn't get a confirmation email.

This is very unlike Apple...

Nov 28, 2013 4:22 PM in response to RosieClaire

Just emailed ibookstore_applicationsupport@apple.com as purdiecomms suggested and got an autoreply straight back - they advised me to reply with my Legal Entity name and the email used on my application, to speed up the reply process.

Also, they sent this link that says you usually have to wait two business days to have your iTunes Connect account approved (wish they said that in iBooks Author as the way it's set up suggests that it all happens immediately):

http://www.apple.com/itunes/working-itunes/sell-content/books/

Hope this helps others in the same boat 🙂

How long does it take to get approved to sell iBooks through iTunes Connect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.