Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone ever have a HD that can only boot via USB and not within the Macbook Pro? I am trying to figure out if I have a cable issue or logic board issue?

Anyone ever have a HD that can only boot via USB and not within the Macbook Pro? I am trying to figure out if I have a cable issue or logic board issue?

Background:

Took the MacBook to a local Genius bar which determined that the HD needed to be replaced. Replaced the HD and that HD will boot via USB, but when installed in the MacBook, boots and then freezes. Wondering if I have a power issue (cable) or logic board issues. HD when booted via USB has no problems. Running 10.6.8, new HD is a seagate mometus XT 750 7200RPMs. HD in MacBook now is the original Hitachi 250, 5400RPM.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:42 AM

There are no replies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.