6 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 4:51 PM by Winston Churchill
jgrawrock Level 1 Level 1

I've got the entire Harry Potter movies in in my iTunes library. Currently when I turn on my AppleTV and go to the Purchased Movies I get 6 out of the 8 HP movies in my purchased tab. 2 are missing and I'm curious as to why. I know there are certain rights for movies, as to why some other movies are not showing, but I'm at a loss why these two HP movies aren't showing. (one is even the first half of the last movie so I would assume it's not rights for these movies)

Any help is appreciated.

Apple TV (2nd generation), iOS 5.1.1
Solved by Winston Churchill on May 14, 2012 4:51 PM Solved

Then I would suggest that that is the reason that it does not show up in your purchased list. My assumption would be that it is only unavailable on a temporary basis, but I could not be certain about that.

Reply by Winston Churchill on May 14, 2012 12:13 PM Helpful

welcome to the Apple Community.

That does sound strange, but I know some of the licensing issues relate to exclusive rights to reshow content during certain periods. it may well be something along the lines of the first part of HP being shown on HBO this month. Then again it might not be, guess I'm just thinking aloud.

All replies

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

welcome to the Apple Community.

That does sound strange, but I know some of the licensing issues relate to exclusive rights to reshow content during certain periods. it may well be something along the lines of the first part of HP being shown on HBO this month. Then again it might not be, guess I'm just thinking aloud.

• jgrawrock Level 1 Level 1

Well,

the HP on HBO makes perfect sense. The second one i'm missing is Half Blood Prince, do you knwo of any spot that Apple Lists what's not currently available? I know most people might complain, but it'd be really helpful to some of us.

Well, things just got more intereseting. If it means anything, in the iTunes store, I cannot find HP and the Deathly Hallows for purchase at all.

Search comes up empty.

expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any lists that might help you. I'm not sure whether your discovery about Harry Potter makes things more interesting or in fact makes more sense. It may simply be that that movie has had to be withdrawn for a certain period because of licensing issues. Did you search on the computer or from your Apple TV, your Apple TV will only search for HD or SD but not both, depending on your settings.

Nope I searched in the iTunes store on my MacBook.

expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Then I would suggest that that is the reason that it does not show up in your purchased list. My assumption would be that it is only unavailable on a temporary basis, but I could not be certain about that.