Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create several game center accounts using one apple id?

I have both ipad and iphone. How can i play with my wife/son via game center?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2012 9:58 AM

The accepted answer is actually wrong. If you have multiple devices - all on the same apple ID - you can, in fact, make multiple Game Center accounts (I have done this). You'll need to select the "create new account" option on the second device. If you've already signed up on Game Center, just Sign Out of that account to get the option to make a new one (to sign out, go to the "Me" tab and click your account email). It will require another email and personal information, but you can absolutely have two different Game Center account going on the same apple ID.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2012 9:58 AM in response to Nakan

The accepted answer is actually wrong. If you have multiple devices - all on the same apple ID - you can, in fact, make multiple Game Center accounts (I have done this). You'll need to select the "create new account" option on the second device. If you've already signed up on Game Center, just Sign Out of that account to get the option to make a new one (to sign out, go to the "Me" tab and click your account email). It will require another email and personal information, but you can absolutely have two different Game Center account going on the same apple ID.

Jun 17, 2012 8:39 PM in response to varjak paw

I have a different problem that no one seems to know how to fix. I have 2 game center accounts on the same apple id. I created the 1st and used it normally; but one time it asked me to fill out a game center account again, as if i had never had one. So I did it again but with another nickname. Now after all this time using the "2nd" account, I try to log in a game and when i put my apple id, the game loads the original id, the one i had lost. So its like im starting the game from the beginning. If I load my account directly from game center, it loads the 2nd account, the one i currently use. But if I open the app, it asks me to sign in my with my apple id, and when i do it automatically loads the original id, not the one i currently use. This is frustrating! What can I do!? I called Apple directly and even they didnt know what I could do :/

Jun 18, 2012 5:01 AM in response to Luisno9

varjack: I guess we're just talking about semantics at this point. What I was saying is: you absolutely can have multiple accounts in Game Center and still use the same Apple ID to sign in / make purchases across multiple devices - which I think was what the OP was asking. I would call them "Game Center accounts" instead of Apple IDs because you never actually log into your device using those accounts - only Game Center. What you are saying is that they are also Apple IDs. Either way, the terminology is confusing.

Suffice to say: the OP can have multiple accounts through Game Center - one for each device - but still keep the "main" Apple ID for making purchases and sharing apps across both devices. To do this, make a new account in Game Center for the second device.

Luisno9: If you're asking is it possible to merge the data from the two accounts, my guess is no. If you're asking how to log in using only one account excusively, you could try deleting the second account (if that's possible - I haven't tried), although I'm sure you'd lose your place in the game. Finally, if nothing else works I'd suggest only opening your apps using the same method each time to avoid the problem. Sorry that's not more help!

Sep 23, 2012 3:25 PM in response to Nakan

evilbob: I have a similar issue to Luisno9. I have one apple ID, but 2 game centre accounts (separate iPods for 2 kids). Created the first Gamecentre account (GA1) and everything worked fine. Created the second after buying another iPod, and everything worked fine for a week or so. Then GA1 asked to confirm the apple ID details, and ever since we can only get the second Gamecentre account (GA2) on both iPods. I can create a new account... but this will not allow access to the achievements, etc from GA1. How can I access GA1, or transfer it to another apple ID?

Nov 27, 2013 4:59 PM in response to 7ME

I have this problem as well 7ME. I got a new iPhone and when I loaded up gameCenter, it prompted me to enter a nickname . I put in the nickname associated with my Game Center on the old iPhone, but I just says it is already in use (because, well, it is in use by ME). Thus, it forced me to create a new Game Center account under the same Apple ID. I went to the password reset page (iForgot), put in my old GameCenter ID and managed to reset the password for it (so this means that the account still has to be in the system). I went back to Game Center and put in the old account nickname with the newly reset password. It tells me that either the Apple ID or password is incorrect. Grrrrr!

Sep 3, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Jaffer13

I don't know if this will solve your issue but you never know. I play two different game center accounts for the same game on one ipad. Țo switch between the two game center accounts you do not have to mess with the itunes account login. Only the game center account login needs to be changed. Log out of the first game center account. Log in to the second game center account. Then make sure to kill the app that you are trying to switch. Double tap home button then flip the app up off of the screen. Then you should be able to open the app. When I open my game it initially loads from the first game center account. However after a few seconds it pops up a window saying something about a current game content for "game center two nickname". Click ok and it then reloads the second account game. The key is killing the app before reopening when switching game center account info. Hopefully it helps. Good luck.

How to create several game center accounts using one apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.