Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail and iCal hang after 10.7.4. update

Hi there,

I've update to 10.7.4, and ever since my iCal and Mail get the beach cursor - I've waited an hour and longer and then forced quit them, after that they work for a few minutes (Mail longer, iCal until you create or change an item). I realise that Spotlight is reindexing (since this morning, and still saying "estimating indexing time". Any suggestions for a cure?

Thanks,

Emanuel

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 14, 2012 2:48 PM

4 replies

May 20, 2012 6:01 AM in response to EmTo

Well I would recommend this solution if you have the following enabled.

As I had this issue with a client of mine.

The situation was the same as described, upon opening mail it took a long time for the program to respond and the colored wheel span for a while and then after a few moments the mail app started to responed.

Solution:

If you use iCloud and you have backed up data, backed to icloud you will need to disable it.

after canceling icloud from the system mail started to respond right away upon launch.

If you find this helpful please replay.

Thanks hope this helps.

May 29, 2012 1:03 AM in response to abenartzi

Thanks for the hint. As I do not have iCloud services activated, it did not solve my problem. Any other ideas?

Spotlight keeps reindexing, not able to estimate the remaining time, and over a number of nights, and iCal just goes spinning. Mail is extremely slow and at times unresponsive but sometimes works. As of recently, Dropbox is also "indexing" and not active.

I would really appreciate some helpful advice!!

Thanks in advance, folks,

Emanuel

Mail and iCal hang after 10.7.4. update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.