Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wireless mouse is not working after battery change

The green light is flashing but nothing happens. I've turned it on and off a half dozen times. And all of the troubleshooting that apple advises seems to require a mouse?!

iMac, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 14, 2012 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2017 11:49 AM

I put new batteries in my magic mouse and turned it to the "on position" (green showing). Saw that the little green flashing light was not appearing as usual on the mouse. Took batteries out/ put in again. Then on second time taking batteries out, noticed there was some corrosive matter on the inside of the battery compartment on the mouse, probably from old batteries. Used paper towel to get rid of the matter, put batteries back in, and was able to connect mouse to lap top.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2017 11:49 AM in response to eeb243

I put new batteries in my magic mouse and turned it to the "on position" (green showing). Saw that the little green flashing light was not appearing as usual on the mouse. Took batteries out/ put in again. Then on second time taking batteries out, noticed there was some corrosive matter on the inside of the battery compartment on the mouse, probably from old batteries. Used paper towel to get rid of the matter, put batteries back in, and was able to connect mouse to lap top.

Sep 18, 2013 7:05 AM in response to caph44

This is a problem I have been faced with now for 100s of times and for a long time. Mouse keeps losing connection to MBP while I'm working. Happens every day, more than a few times a day sometimes. Last thing I tried is to turn the Bluetooth off and back on again. Worked, but we'll see how long this holds...

Overall, I think the choice of Bluetooth as a means of connection to the computer is a poor one and should be reconsidered. There is no reason why I should have to deal with those issues constantly when I've paid 75$ for a mouse. I have a simple Logitech wireless mouse at home, the really basic model, but it works like a charm every time, has never failed me once.

When you pay extra money for a basic tool like a mouse, you don't just want it to look cool. You also expect it to work!

Sep 18, 2013 8:18 AM in response to iPedroQC

I just fixed my mouse which was stuck. I had to buy a mouse pad, to get to the bluetooth to press the connect . I did, and now it works. I prefer the magic track pad to the magic mouse. The way my mouse got stuck was the down scrolling I was doing in iphoto. I did a lot of it, took out what I needed, but then it stopped clicking and moving, but I could still scroll. The reaon I am sharing this information is that I have realized that the magic mouse is very delicate. You have to go slow with it, if you want to use it.

I also have difficulties removing the cover to replace the batteries. There were no instructions when I purchased my new imac, four months ago.

Good Luck Guys

My wireless mouse is not working after battery change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.