Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the fan?

The power went out overnight, I turned the computer on in the morning and the fan went on with the computer. Now I don't know how to turn it off.

Does someone out there know how?

Thanks!!!

iMac

Posted on May 14, 2012 4:35 PM

9 replies

May 18, 2012 10:47 AM in response to custom mini

Hi Custom mini,

It's the iMac G5 with Intel, and it's the fan that blows out from under the monitor. It had never been on before until this incident. It is making the machine run slower and sluggish. I did the restart; I did the shut down and restart; I ran a system hardware check. I did not find any problems anywhere. The fan still runs with the computer on. The only way to get it off is when I hold the on/off button for a good 4 seconds it goes off, but the system goes to sleep too. I hope this is more information for you. I have a newer iMac at work and the fan is never running on that. On that on I have the 28" Monitor. I am somewhat dumbfounded here as I have done all the troubleshooting I can possibly think of at this point.

Thank you,

Dawn

How do I turn off the fan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.