Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to "reset" for Aperture pictures to transfer to Photostream

Usually it works fine to drag a set of pictures from Aperture to Photostream and the pictures shows up on iPad and iPhone.

bu I had about 800 picture that I wanted to get to photostream... about 650 made and the the 1000 limit was hit. So after using iPhoto on iPad to make a journal I removed all the picture and drage the remaining 150 to Photstream in Aprerture.... but they do not transfer!

Have now tried this several tie and none of the 150 pictures transfer to photostream which is now at about 200 pictures. Other pictures transfer fine to Photostream.

How do i "reset" the photostream? so I can get these pictures transferd?

Mac, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 4

Posted on May 14, 2012 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2012 10:28 PM

To reset Photo Stream you need to log into iCloud.com using a web browser (e.g. Safari). Once logged in, click your name in the upper-right corner to bring up your account settings. Click the Advanced button which will bring you to a Reset Photo Stream button.

5 replies

May 17, 2012 4:58 AM in response to Bengt Schultz

Resting the iCloud started the picture to flow, but it turned out I had to turn off photostream, and all photostream photos was deleted, then turn on the photostream as well as drag the pictures to photostream in Aperture.

So it worked.

The photostream is now out of sync so I will need to do the same on my iPhone as to get all photostream the same

Jun 7, 2012 8:18 PM in response to Bengt Schultz

Here's what i did: I emailed the photos to my gmail account, then saved the attachments to the desktop, then uploaded them to Facebook. Clumsy and time consuming, but definitely quicker than waiting for Photostream to deliver them to Aperture (it's been two hours, still nothing), like it's supposed to. Judging from all the challenges with Photostream, this is another half-baked Apple project. I yearn for the old days, some days.

Jun 8, 2012 8:23 PM in response to Thomas Emmerich

Well, Thomas, Photostream has worked, but not consistently, nor predictably. Ironically, when I'm taking snaps of no consequence, they invariably show up in Photostream in Aperture. Last night, the set of progress photos for my container garden, which I wanted to share with my interest group on Facebook, never did show up in Photostream on the computer. I had to email them from my phone, save them to the desktop, etc.

I've now deleted all the photos in Photostream from the phone and will, after I've verified that I have copies of images I need, delete all the images from Photostream in Aperture. Done all the routines (restarting devices, etc.). While I normally wouldn't take issue with your comment, I need to point out that there are a lot of complaints of exactly this behaviour here - and of the millions that use the technology, what proportion would either know to, or take the time to, report it in this forum? Based on decades of using software from Apple and others, in my opinion, Photostream needs work.

How to "reset" for Aperture pictures to transfer to Photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.