Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps re-opening after I close it.

I am hoping that somebody can stop this insanity for me. The discussion is pretty self-explanatory, every time I close iTunes it immediately re-opens itself. The only way I have been able to close iTunes, and keep it closed, is by going in to the processes tree and killing it manually. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it?

Here is a little background.

I am running the current version of iTunes.

I have NO, ZERO, NONE, ZIP, NADA, external devices connected or synced or trying to connect or sync with this computer (e.g. - iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc.).

I did a complete Windows 7 operating system reinstall, installed iTunes, and the issue persists before I even add any music or anything into iTunes.

This is so irritating that I am thinking of ditching iTunes all together. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?

(Window 7 Ultimate 64-bit)

Windows 7

Posted on May 14, 2012 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2012 8:47 PM

Do you have Logitech Gaming software installed on your computer,

If so, refer to this link for Russdyer's solution:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3894466

9 replies

May 14, 2012 8:57 PM in response to wiclee

After further searching I found this solution:

1) Terminate LCore.exe

2) Exit iTunes (terminate it if you have to)

3) Go to your "C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Applets" folder and rename the "LCDMedia.exe" program to something else (so it doesn't run)

4) Restart the LGS profiler

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, wiclee.

Jun 22, 2012 11:06 PM in response to wiclee

Hmm I don't have or use instant messaging programs. I suppose reverting back to an older version is my only option at this point? Unless I want to waste hours trying to knitpick thru every program to see which one itunes doesn't agree with. Sorry to sound impatient, but it's just frustrating because it seems that stuff like this happens after every other itunes update.

iTunes keeps re-opening after I close it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.