Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to share Pages document as a PDF document in email.

I am having difficulty exporting documents created in Pages as PDFs. I have a New iPad. Latestest iOS installed 5.1.1. I ReInstalled the app and restarted my iPad. I have emailed myself PDFs from Pages many times. Installing the iOS update (5.1.1) was around the same time I started having the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

When I 'email the PDF' it shows up as an image in the email instead of an attachment. I, also, cannot 'Open In...'

iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iOS 5.1, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S

Posted on May 14, 2012 9:41 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2012 7:37 AM in response to JasonOfSeattle

Hello,

Thank you for taking an interest in the issue I have been having with sending myself a PDF from a Pages-created document. The problem started when I went to send myself an PDF from Pages and in the email I received, I was unable to tap-hold to get the option to 'Open In...', 'View in iBooks', or 'Quick View'. A tap-hold was giving me the option to 'Save Image' or 'Copy'.

This is a list of the steps I am taking to remedy/isolate the issue:

1) Re-install the app

2) Re-start the iPad

3) 'Soft Reset' of iPad in Settings by erasing all data and documents

4) Restoring my iPad from the iCloud

5) 'Hard Reset' of iPad using iTunes return to factory settings

6) Reinstalled only Pages on my iPad (problem changed to 'Quick View' option with hold-tap). **Note, the PDFs sent to my iPhone started behaving as normal and as expected.

**Note, after installing iBooks on my factory-bare iPad I was able to get the expected options when I did a hold-tap.

7) Currently, I am in the process of re-installing applications one at time. I will be following up with sending myself test PDF file attachments. Perhaps, I will be able to identify a 'buggy' application that is in conflict with Pages--perhaps, the the problem is 'solved'.

I can forward the email to you that has the corrupt PDF attachment, and I can email you the Pages document. I suspect I can also send you the document as a PDF as I had hoped to send myself several days ago.

I am not sure where the best place to send the requested documents. Is <iwork@apple.com> the best place?

Unable to share Pages document as a PDF document in email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.