Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital AV Adapter does not support new iPad?

I that using digital av adapter, it will mirror the new iPad on tv. However, when I tried to connect, nothing happens. So far, it only works on my iPhone. Anyone knows why?

Posted on May 15, 2012 4:10 AM

7 replies

May 15, 2012 4:52 AM in response to luvdog

The message is a default for any connected accessory on reboot - ignore it. Right Click on your ipad icon in iTunes and click Reset Warnings.

Make sure the correct input is selected on your TV. If connecting through a switchbox, try connecting directly.

if no video appears then presss the Home button, diconnect, then reconnect and try again.

If still no joy, then open Settings on your ipad and select Movies, check that Home Sharing is enabled and your apple Id is correctly displayed.

If not, then enable home Sharing. on PC connect ipad by cable, open iTunes. When ipad appears in left hand pane, select mainMenu Advanced section and turn on Home Sharing, enter details as requested and confirm.

Regards, Ct

May 15, 2012 5:04 AM in response to luvdog

This problem is even admitted by Apple itself: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4108When using an Apple Digital AV Adapter manufactured before early 2012 with iPad (3rd generation), you may see the "This accessory is not supported" alert. Dismissing the alert will allow you to use the adapter.”

What you need to do is simple: just ignore the incompatibility warning (tap the dialog). The HDMI output will work just fine. (I've tested this with my iPad 3 + Apple HDMI adapter combo.)

Aug 6, 2012 9:09 PM in response to Coppertiger

I have an iPad 3 (ok, ok, a New iPad) running iOS 5.1.1. I get the same message (iPad does not recognize this accessory) when the Digital AV Adapter (new version - part number MD098ZM/A) is plugged in and I turn the iPad on when powered down (not asleep). Note that this is with ONLY the charging cable plugged in, so I have no idea yet about the HDMI functionality. The charging function works.

It bugs me, even if it's safe to ignore. Can I Reset Warnings from the iPad, or must I do it in iTunes (running on a Windows 7 PC, I might add)?

Digital AV Adapter does not support new iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.