Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superscript in Final Cut Pro X?

How to use superscript in Final Cut Pro X? Anyone?

Final Cut Pro X, Superscript Text

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:33 AM

Select the text and reduce the font size as needed. With the text selected push up the baseline value.

User uploaded file

3 replies

May 15, 2012 8:02 AM in response to nickartzy

The only way I could simulate it is by first writing the text, then selecting the part that is supposed to be a superscript in the viewer, and using the inspector to change the size and the baseline. Not an elegant solution. I hope there is a better way.

Incidentally, I also found that you can compose the text for your title in TextEdit, complete with colors, sizes, and shapes. If you copy it and then paste IN THE VIEWER the color, font, shape and size are preserved. Alas, baseline is not, so you'd have to manually alter the baseline to make the superscripts appear as such. However, this helps a lot when you want to compose rather complex titles.

NOTE: for this you have to paste at the cursor position directly in the viewer, if you paste inside the text area of the Inspector, most text characteristics do not come across.

Here is an example in TextEdit (not a good style, just an example!)

User uploaded file

Copy and paste into a title in the viewer does this (note how the '2' does not appear as a subscript, but everything else is preserved):

User uploaded file

Now you could select just the '2' and drag the baseline slider in the inspector to make it a 'superscript' - a lame way to do it, but a usable workaround.

Superscript in Final Cut Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.