Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer went through automatic update 5-10-12

The message below is what I receive anytime I try to use a website that utilizes Java. Unfortunately I teach and it is affected our online gradebook. Of course we are the middle of finals week. Any suggestions are welcome. I have 1 of 2 Macs in the district so no one knows much about them.

Java.security.cert.CertificateException: Unable to evaluate certificates: 80

at com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.evaluateCertificatesUsingKeychain(MacOSXT rustUI.java:306)

at com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.evaluateTrustAndShow(MacOSXTrustUI.java:1 51)

at com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.showDialog(MacOSXTrustUI.java:79)

at com.sun.deploy.security.X509Util.showSecurityDialog(X509Util.java:152)

at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(TrustDecider.java:8 08)

at com.sun.javaws.security.AppPolicy.grantUnrestrictedAccess(AppPolicy.java:268)

at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(LaunchDownload.java:18 25)

at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(LaunchDownload.java:1508)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Launcher.java:1281)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Launcher.java:634)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:336)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:236)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:125)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Main.java:451)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:283)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:116)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 15, 2012 8:26 AM

8 replies

May 15, 2012 8:38 AM in response to jdavisteach

Could it have something to do with the comments in this article?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5242

This article may also help:

How to use Java applets in OS X after Java 2012-003 update

The Java Preferences referred to in the article is actuall an application that can be found in the Applications/Utilities folder. Hopefully changing the settings will help you get back to dealing with finals rather than dealing with your computer.

May 15, 2012 1:13 PM in response to jdavisteach

The point of the articles was to show that the way Mac OS X handles Java changed with the most recent updates. The changes were necessitated by the recent Flashback malware. I suspect these changes are what may have contributed to your issues.

Unfortunately I don't have the school application that you are using so I can't make specific recommendations other than to make sure that you have Java enabled as indicated in the second article. Have you visited the company website for the online gradebook software to see if they have any recommendation? I suspect that they have received plenty of requests from other Mac users who have also called. If you post the name of the software maybe someone else who also experienced the issue can jump in and provide assistance.

May 24, 2012 8:23 AM in response to jdavisteach

hi there,

are any updates on this?

We have a lot of trouble with Mac OS X 10.7.4 and this class com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.

I'm from "Deutsche Post DHL" and we offer a OnlineFranking system (Java, Java-Applet). If a customer has bought a lable, he can print this (via Java Applet) and put them on a parcel. Everything is fine...

But a lot of our customer use a Mac with 10.7.4 and nothing is fine anymore...

They get this exception:

java.security.cert.CertificateException: Unable to evaluate certificates: 80

at com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.evaluateCertificatesUsingKeychain(MacOSXT rustUI.java:306)

at com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.evaluateTrustAndShow(MacOSXTrustUI.java:1 51)

at com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.showDialog(MacOSXTrustUI.java:79)

at com.sun.deploy.security.X509Util.showSecurityDialog(X509Util.java:152)

at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(TrustDecider.java:8 08)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.isTrustedByTrustDecider(Plugin2ClassLoade r.java:484)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.getTrustedCodeSources(Plugin2ClassLoader. java:1135)

at com.sun.deploy.security.CPCallbackHandler$ParentCallback.strategy(CPCallbackHan dler.java:177)

at com.sun.deploy.security.CPCallbackHandler$ParentCallback.openClassPathElement(C PCallbackHandler.java:141)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.getJarFile(DeployURLClassP ath.java:803)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.access$800(DeployURLClassP ath.java:677)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader$1.run(DeployURLClassPath.j ava:744)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.ensureOpen(DeployURLClassP ath.java:736)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.<init>(DeployURLClassPath. java:698)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$3.run(DeployURLClassPath.java:406)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getLoader(DeployURLClassPath.java:39 5)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getLoader(DeployURLClassPath.java:36 9)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getResource(DeployURLClassPath.java: 233)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader$2.run(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:969)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.findClassHelper(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:9 58)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Applet2ClassLoader.java:134)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:249)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:179)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:239)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:179)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:160)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:678)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Plugin2Manager.java:3045)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Plugin2Manager.ja va:1497)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

I guess that not our certificate is the problem because requests of others like windows xp or 7 work.....

Did Apple implemented some security issues to the com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI class?

If the user will install the pre-version http://jdk7.java.net/macportpreview/ the error goes away. But in my opinion that is only a workaround..

Any ideas, suggestions?

BR,

Markus

Jun 4, 2012 1:45 AM in response to masteraudi

Hallo Masteraudi,

I am going crazy to print out my DHL level for sending a parcel too.

Do you already got hints or answers to solve this issue with your DHL service (I expect, you are DHL employee following your comments above).

Thank you for posting a solution, further to the developer's workaround, which I do not like to install on my private iMAC.

Servus

Jun 11, 2012 11:07 AM in response to jdavisteach

Hi,

I have exactlty the same problem with Java Web Start on Mac OS X 10.7.4. with Java 1.6.0_31. There seems to be a dependency on the codesigning certificate. I have two links. The first is with the current certificate that works. The second is with the renewed certificate that no longer works.

https://www.pincette.biz/view/work/davbox/launch.jnlp

https://www.pincette.biz/view/work/davbox/launch_test.jnlp

On Mac OS X 10.6.8 both certificates work fine.

Best regards,

Werner Donné.

My computer went through automatic update 5-10-12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.