Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to give permission to write to a folder?

Trying to open & work with a file in one of my folders I get a message sayign that I don't have "permission to write to the folder that the file ... is in." I have no idea how this "lock" could ahve been set or how to undo it so I can work with my files. A week ago I migrated from my old McBook Pro to a new iMac, but have not had any other such permissions problems.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Just migrated from MacBook Pro

Posted on May 15, 2012 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2012 12:00 PM

Select it in the Finder, choose Get Info from the File menu, and change the settings under Sharing & Permissions.

(66449)

5 replies

May 15, 2012 12:02 PM in response to Pierre Joris

Select the folder in question. Press COMMAND-I to open the Get Info window. In the bottom panel, Sharing & Permissions, take a snapshot of what is displayed - COMMAND-SHIFT-4 and select area with crosshairs. Pic is saved on your Desktop. Use the camera icon in the toolbar above here to upload the image to your reply message.

How to give permission to write to a folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.