Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgraded to Mac OS X 10.7.4 and cannot watch bbc iplayer, upgraded to Mac OS X 10.7.4 and cannot watch bbc iplayer

Unable toplay itv or bbc iplayer since my upgrade to this OS X 10.7.4

Please healp!

It works well on my ipad....

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 15, 2012 1:08 PM

9 replies

May 15, 2012 3:28 PM in response to Chamar

all browsers Chrome, firefox and Safari

no error message just a message that content is not available.

I get all fine on my ipad

ITV also not working

forgot:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac10,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

May 16, 2012 2:40 AM in response to pdzach

For pdzach:

Buy a suitably-sized external HD (allow for future increase of your internal data), preferably firewire but a USB drive will work. (Although it used to be that some USBs won't boot a Mac, but my 5-year-old SATA ex-internal in a USB case works OK, as do LaCie drives).

Download Carbon Copy Cloner (search for it). Its free (donations invited). I have used it for years, 100% reliable, and SuperDuper is also said to be good.

CCC is very easy to use. It asks you for the source disc (your Internal system HD) and the target disc (your new external). Press a button and it takes about an hour the first time, less later. Meanwhile, you can continue to use the computer.

The result is a bootable copy of everything (and that means every single thing) of your internal HD. For example, you can specify that copy as the start-up disk, or more commonly, hold the option key down when restarting the computer and when asked, choose the copy. Restarting on the clone can take me back to exactly where I was at 7 am that day. A huge life-saver. The loss of an internal HD without a backup (and it happened twice to me but I had a clone) would cause huge disruption.

I have CCC set to make a bootable copy at 7 am every day. If my HD failed in some way, I could get bace to exactly where I was at 7 am that morning.

I also have Time Machine set up, but it has failed three times and I would only use it to recover a recent file or two.

Another thought: When upgrading the computer's OS, I make another clone of the old system, just in case the new OS installation fails (or better, I install the new OS when booted on a very recent clone, so I can ditch the clone if the installation fails and return to the old OS on the internal). Also, I have a bootable copy of Snow Leopard for the remaining old software that will not run on Lion.

Message was edited by: SteveKir Last para.

upgraded to Mac OS X 10.7.4 and cannot watch bbc iplayer, upgraded to Mac OS X 10.7.4 and cannot watch bbc iplayer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.