Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ibooks author file not accepted by itunes producer

I have completed a book with an Ibooks author file size of 830MB; it is not being accepted by itunes Producer for upload. Do I need to export it to IBooks format? I did this export but the resulting file is just 77MB. I did not try to upload it via Itunes Producer as it seems to small to be correct. ????????

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 15, 2012 6:05 PM

5 replies

May 16, 2012 5:25 AM in response to K T

Thanks this helped but not enough. I was trying to feed the I books author file directly. So, i went to File/publish and created a file labeled ITMSP. Then went back to the Publisher wizard. I was unable to load the ITMSP file but the Publication window in ITUNES Producer has the Ibook file I exported from IBA in it. I continued through the wizzard but chose not enter a target audience. When I got to the end and clicked on the button to send to Apple it went through a verification process and flagged the lack of target audience. So I went back and entered 13 and up. But the same error keeps occuring and I can not proceed. Any ideas on the following

1. How I clear the error message now that I have entered the right data

2.Is the Ibooks export the file that should show in the produce window, or should it be the ITMSP file that wont load there?

May 16, 2012 5:32 AM in response to MichiHenning

I was not getting any error message but was trying to load the file from IBA directly. I have exported to get an Ibooks file which is represented by a yellow book cover. I also did a publish after reading another reply here, with the result of a ITMSP file being created. It is the Ibooks file, not the ITMSP file that Producer accepts in the uplink window. Is this correct. In any case I proceeded but not get an message after the validarion process runs that says I am missing target audience data. After filling this in the error message does not go away on subsequent validations and I can not proceed. A bug here I think. Any comments would be appreciated.

Ibooks author file not accepted by itunes producer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.