Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem in downloading windows support software

I'm sorry for my English

I have tried more than once, and for a month to download the latest windows support software from apple from boot camp assistant 4.0.3 (435) but does not complete loading and standing at almost 20% and almost waited more than 8 hours but does not complete ,, How can i download windows support software from a source other than apple? ( i have macbook air 2011,, 1.7 i5 ,, 120 ssd , intel graphic 3000 , os x 10.7.4 ...)

i have ADSL 1mb

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:27 PM

10 replies

May 15, 2012 8:57 PM in response to 3mooor

Well there is no other place to download it from other than Apple. Although you could try installing Windows 7 first, skipping the Windows Support download, once Windows is installed open BootCamp Utitlity and try re-downloading the support software. Remember some of the drivers take a long time to download depending on your Internet connection speed, this could be a very long time.

May 15, 2012 11:07 PM in response to 3mooor

As @coander15 mentioned you can only download it from Apple normally.

Have you done any search's for the same problem or tried any of the fix's?

Some people have had an issue with the Proxy settings (Network) being on, needs to be disabled, and others have had to have the USB stick already inserted before they start the Boot Camp Assistant.

Here's a post with a couple of suggestions. The first link I can only get it to download as a TextEdit file with the printed list, so I'm not sure if this is the right file but you can download it (or what version it is) and find out if you want.

Command-F will take you to BootCampESD.pkg lines then just copy/paste into the browser window the line BETWEEN the </string> for the direct link if you get the TextEdit file also.

Unfortunately I don't know if it will work on a non-English install.

EXAMPLE, it has to end with .pkg in order to download as a file.

<string>http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/63/18/041-4777/GRGxJTrxPTSTdbBKFXt2bVjq VJGvBknRC3/BootCampESD.pkg</string>

Have you got the latest firmware for your computer? Go to the Apple System Profiler (About This Mac...) to see what version you have installed now.

May 16, 2012 4:23 AM in response to Jaygyver

Thank you for your help .. I made sure all the measures ( search's for the same problem ,, proxy settings Network ,,

,,latest firmware ... ) ,, so i skipping the Windows Support download and installed windows on bootcamp

Then I've downloaded bootcamp 4.0 drivers

and installed in windows 7(64bit)

Anyway everything works fine with me ( Bluetooth,wireles.Keyboard....) except the sound

all sounds work perfectly but cannot get any sound from my MBA speakers

I've downloaded Realtek driver Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.68-Win 7/Vista 32/64 but does not work

Please send me the link to download driver sound for windows 7 (64bit) that works

User uploaded file

<Edited by Host>

May 16, 2012 8:46 PM in response to 3mooor

Unfortunately your on your own now, your going to have to do another search as there are many posts for that issue, different fix's for different laptops.😟

One of them is to install the Boot Camp sound driver manually and another is to install software that does a complete deletion of the drivers and then try reinstalling the 3rd party drivers again from Realtek or the Boot Camp one.

When you download the Boot Camp drivers from Apple it will download the correct drivers for your particular computer so when you "torrent" drivers from a 3rd party you don't know what computer they were downloaded for.

You might try downloading from the link I gave you and see if that makes a difference?

You should probably start another post with this new question/problem and see if anyone can help you with the same issue they had.

Your probably going to have better luck searching and reading the older posts for a faster response.

Good Luck........

Aug 20, 2012 11:07 AM in response to 3mooor

Solution 1 :

Get a usb modem and install the drivers on windows for internet connection, then download "driver genius" or any other alternative software and scan the computer. It will automatically detect and download all the files needed to run the hardware .

Good Luck..

<Edited By Host>

Problem in downloading windows support software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.