Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing ColorSync profiles

I'm really struggling to print greyscale with my HP B110 printer.

Having done a lot of searching for advice, it looks as though I should be able to do this:

--------------

Print using a greyscale colorsync profile In the OS X print dialogue box, there is a menu under the paper size and orientation settings which should have the name of the printing application in it. When users click this menu there will be universal printing options available first, followed by a set of driver-specific options. In the first set, select "Color Matching" and select the "Colorsync" radio button. Then in the "Profile" menu choose "Other Profiles" and select either "Black and White" or "Generic Gray Profile". With one of these profiles selected, printing the document will now be in black and white or greyscale.

--------------

The problem is that neither of those Profile options appear through that print dialogue box. There are a dozen or so, such as "Wide Gamut RGB" and "Generic RGB Profile" but none mentioning Gray, Grayscale or Black.

If I open ColorSync utility, I can see that there is a System file called Generic Gray Profile in /System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Generic Gray - however if I navigate to this path, it is not there, only something called Gray Tone and a few others.

What am I doing wrong and how can I activate this profile so I can select it as a printing option?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice.

Posted on May 15, 2012 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:47 AM

Don't make things too complicated. Your printer driver has the settings you need.

User uploaded file

3 replies

Missing ColorSync profiles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.