Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About mixture of pictures and text editing?

Greetings:

Does anyone know how to use text around photos?

I make sexy photo as a .png format file with transparent layers, and I can't make that text following down with girls body lines.

Thanks

David

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 15, 2012 10:08 PM

14 replies

May 16, 2012 6:41 AM in response to K T

Thanks for reply guys

Because my english is bad and very difficult to write down that description, so I take that screen photos,

and that I meaning use my fashion photos to replace that earth picture and put text around girls body lines just like that text around earth.

User uploaded file

I used some picture with blank transparent background layers, but still can't put text around photo and stick on this.

May 16, 2012 4:29 PM in response to K T

K T, I have invited you three times now to email me if there is something you wish to discuss. My email address is a matter of public record.

You claim that you have emailed me three times, but I cannot find any trace of a message from you, including in any spam folders, and I have checked the relevant filter settings.

I have asked you twice to let me know the subject heading and to confirm the email address you used, so I can check more thorougly for messages from you. You did not repond to these requests. I also provided an alternate email address, michi@zeroc.com, which is subject to different filtering mechanisms.

I doubt that you ever sent any message at all, simply because no other person on the planet seems to have a problem getting in touch with me via email. If you disagree, please let me know the details of when you sent the message, to what address, and with what subject heading, so I have chance to locate it.

If you wish to say something to me via email, I suggest that you simple send an email. Please refrain from claiming here that you sent a message when you did not. I do not want to lose yet more time searching for non-existent messages from you.

Michi.

May 22, 2012 9:04 PM in response to David D-visual

Hi David

Here's one way. Place the photo onto the page and set No Wrap for the photo. Then create a shape (using the standard shape tools) on top of the photo and set it to Wrap the text. You can create almost any shape but should experiment first on a basic page of text to find out how this works. Lastly you need to make sure that the shape you created has no fill and no stroke (Inspector). The Shape on top of the photo will create the illusion that the text is wrapping around the desired object in the photo, when actually the text is wrapping around the shape, not the photo.

There are other ways, including masking the photo with standard editable shapes (Format>Image>Mask with shape) and also applying Instant alpha (Format>Image>Instant Alpha). I found this somewhat flaky, but it does work.

May 29, 2012 4:48 AM in response to sunshiner

Hi Sunshiner

I just found another way to do that.

Use an alpha channel define the rectangular photo edges as transparent, use the Instant Alpha tool to remove unwanted parts of an image.

That is easy work. But I try many times and failure because I ignore that photo edges even to use picture with blank transparent background layer.

Thanks Guys.

About mixture of pictures and text editing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.