Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

....... and so the petty thieving goes on. iWork

I have just installed iWork 8 on my iMac running OSX 10.7.4 as I bought an iPad and wish to use office software. Guess what iWork 08 is incompatible with 10.7.4.

The only programme I have tried is Keynote, this runes but when you try to type text it only allows certain colours and it is guess work as to what colour you will get. If you import a photo it is inverted (looks like a negative).

The onlu solutions I can find posted here posted are to upgrade to iWork 11 at a cost of £41.97. This will be for all the macs I run which will work out at a cost of £167.88. Apple used to offer a family package for this which reduced the cost of this but I can't see this option any more. Then I will have to add the cost of purchasing the apps for my IPad at £20.97. This makes the total cost of getting office software which I can run accross all my systems £188.85 or if I just choose to run it on one machine £62.94.

I only tried to install iWork for my wife who is thinking of purchasing iPads for her school and wanted to see how compatible with MS Office it was.

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Pass

Posted on May 16, 2012 12:02 AM

6 replies

May 16, 2012 12:07 AM in response to Has Apple moved to Seatle

Has Apple moved to Seatle wrote:

I have just installed iWork 8 on my iMac running OSX 10.7.4 as I bought an iPad and wish to use office software. Guess what iWork 08 is incompatible with 10.7.4.

The only programme I have tried is Keynote, this runes but when you try to type text it only allows certain colours and it is guess work as to what colour you will get. If you import a photo it is inverted (looks like a negative).

The onlu solutions I can find posted here posted are to upgrade to iWork 11 at a cost of £41.97. This will be for all the macs I run which will work out at a cost of £167.88. Apple used to offer a family package for this which reduced the cost of this but I can't see this option any more. Then I will have to add the cost of purchasing the apps for my IPad at £20.97. This makes the total cost of getting office software which I can run accross all my systems £188.85 or if I just choose to run it on one machine £62.94.

I only tried to install iWork for my wife who is thinking of purchasing iPads for her school and wanted to see how compatible with MS Office it was.

Are you confusing iWork '11 with iLife '11 ? The current version of iWork is '09 still. Make sure you are not confusing your prices as well.

Pete

May 16, 2012 6:05 AM in response to Has Apple moved to Seatle

I still get a bit upset having to pay for new software, which I already own, because Apple upgrade there operating system.

That is the reality of upgrading. It doesn't matter what OS you are using, when you upgrade or update it, some old apps may stop functioning. You can either stop updating your OS (which can be hazardous, as you will then be skipping security updates) or you can accept that updating means periodically upgrading your apps.

....... and so the petty thieving goes on. iWork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.