9 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2012 9:45 PM by swong02
flappleton Level 1 Level 1

It is May 16 2012. A couple of days ago there was an update to OSX. I am now at 10.7.4. My Aperture version is 3.2.3. Digital Camera Raw 3.12.0 build 615 and a bunch of zeros.

Last night when I imported a slew of photos, everything seemed to go well, but when all processing was complete all of the photos changed to a deep green hue. I finally found the message in the title line: "This photo was adjusted using an earlier version of Apple's RAW processing" and somewhat resolved the problem by individually reprocessing each master.

Does anyone know what has caused Aperture to act this way and how the problem can be fixed? From a timing perspective, I feel that it was the OSX update, but I cannot be sure.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.5)
Reply by léonie on May 16, 2012 7:49 AM Helpful

This signature does not seem to be current, if you are now at 10.7.4

I found your camera in the section "Supported by  OS X Lion v10.7 or later"; so according to that list the raw support for your camera did not change, and then it is not necessary to reprocess all masters.

But check by trying to reprocess the raw for one of the older images; it should not even be possible.

You should get a message that no image requires reprocessing.

But in that case I wonder why your recent imports required reprocessing, so please check.

All replies

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

The upgrade to 10.7.4 includes improved raw processing for several cameras, see this list: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4757

Is your camera one of those?

Then a reprocessing of the raw masters would be useful.

Regards

Léonie

P.S: Your signature too seems to need reprocessing

• flappleton Level 1 Level 1

Hello Leonie. I appreciate your input but I have a question. I am using a Panasonic LUMIX DMC GF-1, and it is fairly far down in the list. Are you saying that reprocessing my 10,000 photos is a good idea because there are improvements that could affect older photos?

So far as I can see, photos taken with this camera and loaded to Aperture a couple of weeks ago do not show the symptoms of those loaded last night.

P.S: I did not understand the reference to my signature. If I am missing something to do with my signature, please advise.

Thanks again

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

This signature does not seem to be current, if you are now at 10.7.4

I found your camera in the section "Supported by  OS X Lion v10.7 or later"; so according to that list the raw support for your camera did not change, and then it is not necessary to reprocess all masters.

But check by trying to reprocess the raw for one of the older images; it should not even be possible.

You should get a message that no image requires reprocessing.

But in that case I wonder why your recent imports required reprocessing, so please check.

• flappleton Level 1 Level 1

Now I understand the signature thing. I had created a new signature as I am now using an iMac with 10.7.4. Then I forgot to change the selection when I did the post. Very sorry for the confusion.

It will allow me to reprocess older photos. It says that there could be benefit from improvements in the processor. I have never done this before when cameras have been added to the raw processor.

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

It will allow me to reprocess older photos. It says that there could be benefit from improvements in the processor. I have never done this before when cameras have been added to the raw processor.

Then the raw processing really changed for your camera too.

It is up to you if you want to reprocess the masters. A changed raw processing may change the resulting image, so it may be a matter of taste if you like the result. Duplicate the images you try the new raw processing on (you can duplicate a master by cmd-dragging it to a new project) and compare the impression.

• Watchingolf Level 1 Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem that flappleton is having, same camera, too.  Previous images are fine but when I try to import and process new images they are green and require reprocessing.

Tried to repair permissions and repair library with no effect.  Removed preference plist with no effect.

Will continue to research; please feel free to pass on any possible fix.

Thanks!

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Here's the fix:

Great! I should have remembered that - I even have that post bookmarked

• swong02 Level 1 Level 1

I am on a MacBook Air (mid 2011) running Lion 10.7.4 and Aperture 3.2.3 with Digital Camera Raw 3.12.0.  I have the exact same green photo import problem described above.  I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 and I shoot RAW.  Sometimes (I can't seem to determine what triggers this), when I click on the photo and Aperture brings it up in the Split View, Aperture briefly re-processes the photo and displays it without the green tint, but now the photo is over exposed.  If I right click->remove all adjustments, then the photo finally displays correctly.

Sometimes, Aperture tells me "This photo was adjusted using an earlier version of Apple's RAW processing".

The fix suggested by Snoop Dogg at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3942768?start=30&tstart=0 took away the green tint.  But now the recently imported photo is still over exposed.  By default, I turn on "Auto Enhance" on on my imports into Aperture.  I still have to right click->remove all adjustments, then the reapply the "Auto Enhance" quick fix before my photo finally displays correctly.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.  Thanks.