Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro "features" (or therelack of) questions

Hey there,

I'm looking at purchasing Logic Pro 9 however I have also been looking at Logic Studio (I know it's pricier) and I noticed that Studio has around 38GB downloads whereas Pro 9 only has 19GB total (optional downloads incl.) now I know that L9 has dropped the compressor & main stage but I was wondering what other things Apple have just dropped out, I hear they have reduced the loops?

Basically: Am I losing out by purchasing LP9? (ie loops or lack of)

Cheers,

Thom

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 16, 2012 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2012 7:59 AM

The main reason it's smaller is much of the content is switched from lossless to lossy compression, making it smaller. You're mostly losing out on the extra apps although without support those may stop working with some future OS update.

5 replies

May 16, 2012 2:23 PM in response to ThomRhodes

I can see what you're saying and, in some ways I've always liked the idea of having a set of proper installation disks, but there probably does come a point where you won't be able to use them anymore if you keep updating your Operating System and use software updates for the other stuff you use.

I don't really think the App Store purchase of Logic is a bad idea over all - you have paid for that version of Logic, so it should always be available for you to download again - well, I suppose there's a 'within reason' idea there but it needs to be a reasonable length of time - I think some people are still happily using 7.2 because it may well work for what they want it to do.

Logic Pro "features" (or therelack of) questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.