Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create Ringtones 10.6.1

I have a Mac with OS (10.7.3), itunes (10.6.1).

I'm trying to create a ringtone using one of my mp3s. I have seen many instructions on the interent on how to do it. The problem is I don't have the ablility to create a aac version of the mp3.

I have the song at 29 seconds. When I highlight the song and right-click, I don't see "create aac version". Also when I go to advance I also don't see "create aac version".

How do you create ringtones in 10.6.1?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 16, 2012 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2012 7:55 AM

You can only see the create AAC version if your iTunes default encoding for music is AAC.

If you see the Create MP3 version then your default music encide in preferences is set to MP3.

Go into the iTunes preferences, select the General tab, then click on Import Settings... button.

Change the Import Setting to AAC Encoder. OK the screens and close preferences.

Now when you right click a track you should see Create AAC version.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2012 7:55 AM in response to rvicente80

You can only see the create AAC version if your iTunes default encoding for music is AAC.

If you see the Create MP3 version then your default music encide in preferences is set to MP3.

Go into the iTunes preferences, select the General tab, then click on Import Settings... button.

Change the Import Setting to AAC Encoder. OK the screens and close preferences.

Now when you right click a track you should see Create AAC version.

Create Ringtones 10.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.