Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

songs missing

Songs are missing in my iTunes. Tracks have an exclamation mark next to it, I cannot “get info” and cannot find them by searching my PC. I have many songs with this problem that I have purchased and put on my PC from my own CDs. I have played them once on my PC and then was not able to play them again! I have not synced with my iPod nor have I shared them. The problem is only with the iTunes on my PC!

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:46 AM

2 replies

May 16, 2012 9:16 AM in response to kayyak

This happens if the file is no longer where iTunes expects to find it. Possible causes are that you or some third party tool has moved, renamed or deleted the file, or that the drive it lives on has had a change of drive letter. It is also possible that iTunes has changed from expecting the files to be in the pre-iTunes 9 layout to post-iTunes 9 layout,or vice-versa, and so is looking in slightly the wrong place.

Select a track with an exclamation mark, use Ctrl-I to get info, then cancel when asked to try to locate the track. Look on the summary tab for the location that iTunes thinks the file should be. Now take a look around your hard drive(s). Hopefully you can locate the track in question. If a section of your library has simply been moved, or a drive letter has changed, it should be possible to reverse the actions.

Alternatively, as long as you can find a location holding the missing files, then you should be able to use my FindTracks script to reconnect them to iTunes .

tt2

May 16, 2012 9:28 AM in response to kayyak

I have the answer for you!

1 Click on the start button at the bottom left of your computer screen.

2 Then click on music on the side of the panel.

3 Then you can choose sample music or iTunes so click on iTunes.

4 After this, click on iTunes media.

5 Then music.

6 Then all of your songs that you have purchased or downloaded will be on there and the ones that didn't download copy and paste them to your iTunes library then sync your iPod.

7 Don't be worried, I have done this myself and trust me on this because it works!

songs missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.