Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3 Status Light turns ON and stays ON when I turn ON my Broadband Modem. How do I stop this ?

Since I updated my Apple TV 3 to 5.1.1, the Status Light turns ON and stays ON when I turn ON my Broadband Modem. How do I stop this ?

At the moment I have to go to the HDMI channel that my ATV 3 is connected to, wake the ATV, then put it back to sleep, to turn OFF the status lght.

When I first got my ATV I did not have this problem, when it was running 5.1.0.

I sent in a Feedback form, but they only as the option to select the OS version of a NON iOS device.

Is there a fix to this that wont involve me leaving my modem ON all the time ?

I turn my modem OFF when I am not using the Internet because I am a bit paranoid about the security of the data on my devices, and if I leave the modem turned ON all the time it might make me an easier target for hackers etc. { This is NOT part of my question, just explaining why I turn my modem OFF ( I feel safer ) }

<Edited by Host>

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:58 AM

5 replies

May 16, 2012 6:33 PM in response to b j t

The ATV3 does that to me when I turn on my TV. the light goes on and stays on. If I switch to the ATV3, it seems to be half asleep 😝 with the light on ... I do wish Apple would enable the HDMI CEC and then everything would make sense. I've turned off my wireless and on again but the ATV3 light does not turn on automatically for me.

As you pointed out, I guess this could be a small glitch on the new firmware/software update... I wonder if this could be fixed by doing a restore from the iTunes app.😕 I might give it a try tomorrow and see what happens...

Cheers!

Apple TV 3 Status Light turns ON and stays ON when I turn ON my Broadband Modem. How do I stop this ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.