Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error -39 leads to error -50 when downloading from itunes store and the download will not resume

I download a TV Show from itunes and usually as soon as it begins, it tells me that my TV Show is ready to watch and I can choose to "Play TV Show Now" or "Watch Later." I choose Play TV Show Now. Then after about 20 seconds of watching, and error message comes up with the error code -39. The download stopped and when I resume, it will download for 5 more seconds but then I get another error message with the code -50. I click the Resume button and it won't resume no matter how many times I click it. So I have to go to Music, iTunes, iTunes Media, Downloads, and delete the folder with the name of the TV Show that wouldn't work. Then i open iTunes again and Check for Downloads and it starts over downloading.

The errors only occur when I start playing the TV Show while its downloading. Its fine if I let it download.

How do I fix the errors?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on May 16, 2012 10:03 AM

2 replies

May 16, 2012 10:05 PM in response to the fiend

That's not the issue (waiting for the download to complete). The issue is that the download never ever completes. The Computer says "Hey, you can watch your show," but then just a few moments have downloaded, and you get a "-50" error.

The published solution for the -50 error is to navigate to the wack place that itunes has decided to store your download (if you can find it) and delete the partial file and try again.

I have "tried again" 5 times now. It's not working.

error -39 leads to error -50 when downloading from itunes store and the download will not resume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.