Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2nd Generation Ipod touch IOS 5.1.1 problems, please help.

So I've had this 32gb Ipod tough for two years now and it's always worked fine but recently I downloaded IOs 5.1.1 and the next time I restarted it moved extremely slow, and most things like music, safari, and apps no longer work. Typing takes about 5 minutes to get one letter in. I have tried restarting it with the menu and power. I have also tried resetting from the settings on the ipod and restoring it from my computer and it still doesn't work. At first I thought it was just done for because it's older but it happened closley after the 5.1.1 update and I've read about a few accounts of freezing. Also it is not jailbroken. I'm just not sure what to do.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 16, 2012 11:34 AM

5 replies

May 16, 2012 11:38 AM in response to Mushiejelly

If you have a second-generation iPod touch, you cannot possibly have iOS 5 on it, since the second-generation iPod supports only up though iOS 4.2.1. Please confirm the model of iPod you have. Look at the back of the iPod. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. The 2nd generation iPod touch is model A1288, and 3rd generation iPod touch is model A1318.

I'm presuming you actually have a 3rd-gen iPod touch. Please also confirm the version if iOS loaded on it by going to Setttings/About. Once we know for certain what you have, we can go from there.

Regards.

2nd Generation Ipod touch IOS 5.1.1 problems, please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.