7 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 12:29 PM by WZZZ
rforducla Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

A few months ago a message appeared on my screen to use Flash Player for all videos.  I installed this feature but it has proved to be really annoying.  It shows up as an option to be clicked on all video's as well as on titles for some forms etc.  I can't figure out how to delete this feature.  Please help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • WZZZ Level 6 Level 6 (12,640 points)

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are asking, but get a "flashblock" extension for whatever browser you use. It will have a different name, depending on the browser. It will block Flash, but  enable you to click on a placeholder, when desired, to allow Flash content. Otherwise, if you want to remove all Flash content, nagivate to /Library/Internet Plugins and trash the Flash Player plugin.

• Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (244,845 points)

Don't suppose you have ClickToFlash or similar Safari extension installed?

When you say you "installed this feature" what exactly did you do?

• rforducla Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I think ClicktoFlash as a Safari extension sounds familiar.  How would I find this to disable it?  Thanks so much.

That would be in your home folder Library/Internet Plugins.

• rforducla Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Solved!

I went to Safari  Preferences Extensions and Uninstall.  It worked.  Thank you so much to everyone that helped. Truly appreciate it.

• Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (244,845 points)

Open Safari preferences, click on the Extensions icon in the toolbar. Locate the extension and check the box to disable it or you can simply delete it altogether.

I guess my suggestion was out of date. That's where it was installed when I was still using Safari. Maybe it still is, but it can be toggled off or on through Safari Preferences now.