Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App keeps asking for my email passwords on Mac OS-X Lion

I've had this problem with every single MacBook I've owned running on Leopard, Snow Leopard and now on my Lion one too!

Does anyone know how to stop it? It seems to be worse than ever on my new Lion OS MacBook Air.

I have Yahoo!, iCloud, Hotmail and BT Internet email addresses in my mail app. Every two minutes the dock icon starts bouncing and it's requesting the password for one of them. Everytime I tick the box saying "remember this in my keychain" but no sooner have I done that and it pops back up again requesting the password that I have just entered. I am entering the correct passwords and all email addresses are active.

It's really winding me up at the moment as I keep having to quit the mail app because I can't stop it from asking for passwords. 😠 This MacBook is brand new. I only got it delivered from Apple last week!

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would be very grateful!

Thank you. 🙂

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:19 PM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2012 11:38 AM in response to s1mon87

Have you tried this?

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/Fixing_Keychain_Password_Problems/

I was having the same issue, found your comment unanswered and found the above suggestion has helped. The first aid found some problems, repaired them and (admittedly for the last 5 minutes since I did it) hasn't troubled me since.

On Lion it is just in the Keychain Access menu.

Mail App keeps asking for my email passwords on Mac OS-X Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.