You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is wrong with my iPad? White screen

I opened my iPad this morning and there was a white screen. I could do nothing. Couldn't turn it off, couldn't do anything with buttons except the hard reset.

After about 5 minutes, it went back to normal. Now tonight, it has returned, and this time it isn't going away. Additionally, the white screen is getting less bright, and all edges of the screen are starting to darken, as if its dying. I have a genius bar appointment tomorrow but just wanted to get some idea of what I'm in for, if anyone has experienced this. I've included a picture.User uploaded file

Posted on May 16, 2012 9:00 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2012 9:06 PM in response to Diavonex

Yes, thats what I meant by hard reset. I did do that. It came back on with the white screen. I can barely see apps in the background, but when i press the screen nothing happens. I'm trying a system restore now, but i don't think thats it, as the reset logo and progress bar is lightly visible under the bright white screen. I guess this is a screen issue. I couldn't seem to find alot on any similar problems with a google search. Weird.

What is wrong with my iPad? White screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.