Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to uninstall apple software update

Hi to all.

Recently, I have synchronizing problems with my iphone 4 and I found out the error is not with my phone but my itune because it cannot perform update and detect sever. I tried to uninstall and re-install but I am unable to get rid of the uninstall apple software update which I guess this could be the root of the problem. The error message is "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I tried to follow the steps in https://discussions.apple.com/question-post!input.jspa?articleId=HT1923&question =Hi%2C but the same problems occurred. Any friends, expertise or iphone personnel can help me on this issue? A phone that cannot be sync is quite useless and it had been bugging me for weeks.

Thank everyone who read my comment in advance.

Info: my phone is 5.0.1 and my computer is running on windows 7 home 64bits

Regards,

Shawn

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1, Windows 7 home edition

Posted on May 16, 2012 10:26 PM

8 replies

May 20, 2012 5:48 PM in response to b noir

The error message is "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

The Iphone software update server could not be contacted. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later.

This is my problem and I hope for assistance.

May 20, 2012 7:08 PM in response to b noir

Hi Noir,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the link you post and all my software is up-to-date but my itune still in error.

I tried to run diagnose and there is a problem reflecting on my connection to itune store.There is a red botton on "Secure link to itune store failed." I tried to click the help button by the side it show me

iTunes Help is unavailable because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet.

To view iTunes Help, make sure you’re connected to the Internet, then choose iTunes Help from the Help menu.

I tried to check for update on itune and tried the itunr help all is unavailable to me due to internet connection problem. I tried turn off my firewall and stuff but all my programs are working fine except the tune.

Thanks for the help. Needed more, please advice 😟

May 20, 2012 9:42 PM in response to cslshawn

Okay. These ones are related to the other issue:

I tried to run diagnose and there is a problem reflecting on my connection to itune store.There is a red botton on "Secure link to itune store failed." I tried to click the help button by the side it show me

iTunes Help is unavailable because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet.

Try the following document. (If the LSP is the Speedbit one, it's best to just uninstall the Speedbit video accelerator.)

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

Unable to uninstall apple software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.